Sustainable Dreams

DIY Animal Feeder Ideas Link-up

Make your own rabbit feeder fast and easy with what you already have!

Raising small or caged animals requires many feed dishes. If you raise animals than you already know how expensive store bought feeders are.

I have so many coffee cans around because they are so useful around the homestead. I only used a blade to cut the can, and duct tape to put it together! Since the first one in this photo, I have made many more just like it.


I continue to use this design, but NOT on all of my rabbits. My adults don't seem to chew them up, but the young groups of grow-outs have much more curiosity and mischievous personality. The young go straight for the tape. To remedy this, you can tape it from the inside. It's a bit more difficult to assemble, but it does work better for the chewers.

Of course they may not last forever or even a long time, but they work well when you need one! Im still using the original ones I made for my older rabbits, and i also have one in my chick brooder.

Scroll down and see more DIY feeder ideas, and post your own to share with us! **********************